The Dormy House

Request a brochure

please click here

About us

The beginnings of our family business

The Dormy House is a British manufacturing company launched in 1983 by John and Eileen Valenzia. Their son Christopher joined the company after completing a furniture design course, with son Mark and daughter Anna joining soon after. It’s still a family business today run now by Mark and Anna. 

John Valenzia began by making furniture in his garage, which was then sold to local customers. The instant table – a side table with a fabric skirt – was an idea brought back from France, where this design was popular.  Advertised in interior and home design magazines, the instant table became a huge hit in the UK, too.

New products were added to the selection, all based around furniture designed for fabric covering: the kidney dressing table, headboards with loose covers, television tables and fabric-covered screens. John and Eileen’s ethos was simple: to provide a range of furniture that people wanted.

The Dormy House now

Today, the furniture collection includes contemporary and traditional designs, and there is something for every room: living rooms, dining rooms, hallways, kitchens, bedrooms, home offices and bathrooms, as well as furniture for kids. We offer a unique bespoke element that companies who import all their furniture can’t. There’s a choice of fabrics, paint colours, handles and knobs, and we will alter the sizes of standard products where we can.

We have also grown to offer a wide range of fabrics and wallpapers, all chosen to complement our collections perfectly.

We’re proud to remain a UK manufacturing company, producing good quality, stylish and affordable furniture. We manufacture 80% of our products ourselves, with the remaining 20% made in the UK, or bought through UK distributors. It’s only when there is no British manufacturer that we buy a little further afield, such as the frames for our Louis-style chair], which come from Italy, or our Tuvan chairs from Sweden. Even then, the bespoke elements of each piece are all completed in the UK.

Furniture for your home is an important buy, and we feel proud when customers come to us. Our expert team help with the choices and can talk over more complicated finishes. You’ll deal with someone with their own telephone number or email address so you can communicate directly with the person who’s been helping you rather than an anonymous call centre.

Our future plans

In Spring 2014, The Dormy House set up shop in a new, 18,000 sq ft premises on the Walworth Business Park in Andover. Our factory and showroom are still under the same roof, but our factory has tripled in size, allowing us to offer our customers a super-efficient service. Meanwhile, our brand new spacious showroom has been custom-designed to make shopping with us a real pleasure. The Dormy House showroom includes many of our elegant and practical designs, so you can get plenty of inspiration as well as finding solutions to your interior furnishings and storage dilemmas. We have interior designer Jilly Bunting on hand to provide expert guidance on your choices. And, if you're embarking on an interior design project - whether it's for one room or your whole house - Jilly can offer you a personal interior design service.

You can visit the showroom on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10am to 4.30pm every week. It will also be open on the first Saturday of every month to all from 10am to 2pm. If you need to visit on another Saturday, it's also possible to make an appointment.

Why not follow us on Twitter  https://twitter.com/TheDormyHouseUK and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dormy-House-Furniture-Soft-Furnishings/206720949338747?sk=wall for up to date news.

Welcome to your Wish List

Make use of your own personal wish list to keep track of fabric designs and furniture pieces that catch your eye.

To use this feature please Please Login or Register